GBE > Blog > News > Event > G#14774
Click here to view it online
How to use Water Sustainably to make places fit for happy, healthy humans
at The Virgin Roof Gardens, Kensington, London
Monday 30th January, lunchtime seminar
- See how The Experts view the past with lessons for the future
- How we can use water successfully for both infrastructure and inhabitants
- ….Without compromising either
|Noon||Buffet Lunch||Kindly provided by The Virgin Roof Gardens, Kensington|
|12:30||Introduction||Neal Landsberg, Chair of SWIG & Marketing Director, Watermatic.
Achieving Human Sensitive Urban Design (HSuD)
|Welcome||Pilar Medrano Dell, Head Gardener, The Roof Gardens
Introducing the Roof Gardens – Working in a Green Urban Oasis
|What does balance look like?
Planners, developers and communities
|Dan Epstein||Old Oak and Park Royal Development Corporation
Lessons from the recent past informing the future
The way forward with Zero Discharge
|Mathew Frith||London Wildlife Trust
Local actions towards city resilience
The powerful role of the individual
|14:45||Formal Close||Attendees are welcome to remain to network and view the Roof Gardens|
- Directions: The Roof Gardens is located at 99 Kensington High Street, W8 5SA.
- Access to the building is via Derry Street which branches off Kensington High Street.
- Nearest tube is High Street Kensington •
- Click here for a Google mapShare this event
- The Purpose of SWIG
- To be ‘The Voice of Sustainable Water’ by applying ‘whole system thinking’ to sustainable water management.
- Our vision is to see water being used sustainably in all buildings and spaces and to implement sustainable water management wherever possible.
- And our approach is interdisciplinary encouraging best practice and influencing policies.
- From the SWIG website: www.sustainablewater.org.uk you will see we are about delivering practical realities on the ground and hope that water sensitive project design will become a key component of developing best practice in ecological engineering.
- SWIG Unit 6c Ivory’s Business Centre, Harper Lane, Radlett, WD7 7UH