Setting out the GBE stall
What GBE does
GBE is building a Green Building Encyclopaedia, by explaining principles and jargon busting, identifying problems finding solutions and linking to solution providers with materials, products, accessories and systems and working out how to use them successfully in buildings.
GBE is here to serve designers and specifiers, in order to do that we need to support manufacturers to extract, provide and promote the information that designers and specifiers need, in a format(s) that suits them best at the times that they need it.
NGS scrutinise manufacturers information, seperating facts for promotion, filtering out greenwash and promoting green credential that the company may not even realise; and help generate better literature and website content.
NGS Rationalise information create NGS PRODUCT DATA SHEETS for NGS PRODUCT PAGES and NGS BIM CAD data.
NGS COMPARE products against competitors, ranks and scores them.
GBE website promotes solution providers their companies and their products, accessories, systems, materials and services, as well as GBE BUILDING CASE STUDIES and GBE EVIDENCE BASED CASE studies.
Manufacturer’s website content and promotional literature is usually a mixture of promotional and technical information that takes time to assimilate into designs and convert into specifications.
Example: Literature is usually guidance and specifications need to be instruction.
GBE LitAudit review with the view to improving existing promotional information and GBE help create new and better promotional information
GBE extracts the essence of this company and product information to make the most of it and turn it into:
- GBE PRODUCT PAGE containing some or all of:
- GBE PRODUCT DATA SHEET
- GBE ROBUST SPECIFICATION CLAUSES
- GBE ROBUST SPECIFICATION WORK SECTION
- GBE BEST Building Element Screening Test.
- GBE CAD Computer Aided Drawing 2D & 3D modelling of Products
- GBE BIM Building Information Modelling 3D CAD models with BIM capability to which other data can be attached
- GBE BIM with NGS DATA
- GBE PRODUCT DATABASE All of the above information will be collected into a single searchable database
- GBE LIBRARY with manufacturers current promotonal and technical literature, certificates etc.
- GBE CPD a collection of the first 200 (over 800 to be added) seminars on sustainable construction, materials, methods, specification, procurement, professional practice to which manufacturer’s CPD will be added.
- GBE LITAUDIT Literature Audits increasingly manufacturers promotional literature strays into GBE GREENWASH, we offer a service to review literature and avoid these problems.
- GBE CLASSIFY providing accurate classification information for literature to ensure it finds its right places in designers’s information systems including: CI/SfB (CAD layering, office library), CAWS, CAWS 2012 (Specification), Uniclass, Uniclass 2 (BIM & FM) and guidance on application of RIBA CI/SfB Classification box
- GBE MARKETING taking the GBE LITAUDIT a stage further we advise manufacturers how to promote the environmental characteristics without straying into GREENWASH.
- GBE LIVE topical seminar events with corresponding topical exhibitions
- GBE SERVICES COSTS
CAP’EM LCA Life Cycle Assessment downloadable from PRODUCT PAGE used by GBE BIM summarised in CAP’EM EPD
CAP’EM LCA Environmental Product Declaration the report from the CAP’EM LCA with Product improvement Opportunities CAP’EM Marginal Analysis and CAP’EM DETOX
PRODUCT PAGE SPECIFICATIONS
© GBE NGS ASWS BrianSpecMan aka Brian Murphy
30th December 2012 – 21st October 2016
Contact & Images:
- Contact GBE for: NGS Services
- Contact GBE for CAP’EM services
- Contact BrianSpecMan aka Brian Murphy
T 01733 238148
M 07973 281024
Headlines 23/10/2014: 1,000,000 page views today
© NGS BrianSpecMan aka Brian Murphy
30th December 2012 – 4th January 2015
GBE DELIVERY SUCCESS
NGS Webstats new pages, edits, page views, document downloads
Review to improve or create your product/service information
6 Core Pages
NGS PROMOTE: OUTER LAYER
© NGS BrianSpecMan aka Brian Murphy
30th December 2012 – 14th September 2014