GBS H21 Timber Weatherboarding Rain screen (Shop)
GBS H21 Timber Weatherboarding Rain screen (RSWS)
- 60% of timber imported to the UK was reported to be illegally logged
- GBS H21 co-ordinates with GBS Z10 Timber Certification clauses and GBS appendix Z10 FSC
- TRADA reports that it still gets enough calls from Architects with failed weatherboarding to keep one man employed full time to help them
What is in this specification?
- GBS H21 currently includes specification clauses for open joint timber rainscreen cladding
- This section was developed initially on the Walters & Cohen Royal Docks Nursery project (Portfolio)
What is ‘green’ about it?
- It can allow the specifier to choose to use unseasoned, untreated, unfinished durable hardwood ‘green’ timber in place of preservative treated softwood
- It includes stainless steel fasteners for use with acidic species to avoid staining of timber or fastener
- Can address tanning run off to avoid staining of surrounding materials
How does it differ from the NBS work section?
- NBS H21 does exist.
- At the time of writing NBS H21 did not have dedicated clauses for open joint rain screen approach to timber weatherboarding
How or where can the specification be used?
- GBS H21 clauses can be added to NBS H21 work section and/or lines of GBS H21 text can be added to NBS H21 clauses.
- It can be adapted and used in any procurement method
Why should I pay to download this specification?
- TRADA reports that it still gets enough calls from Architects with failed weatherboarding to keep one man employed full time to help them.
- This specification will save you time writing your own from scratch
- If you want more control than NBS specifications provides consider adding GBS H21, Z10 and Z10 FSC.
More about this Specification Section
- Navigation: GBS H21 Timber Weatherboarding (Navigation) G#632
- Checklist: H21 Timber Weatherboarding (Checklist) G#11946
- Jargon Buster: H21
- CPD: GBE CPD H21 Timber Weatherboarding (Shop) G#11855
- Specification: GBS H21 Timber Weatherboarding (RSW) G#625
- Guidance Notes: H21 (RSGN)
- Appendix: H21 (RSA)
- Portfolio Project: Leapfrog Day Nursery Royal Docks East London (CS) G#11864
- Outline: GBE H21 Timber Weatherboarding (Outline) G#10281
- Project: H21 Timber Weatherboarding (Project) G#549 N#569
© GBE NGS ASWS BrianSpecMan aka Brian Murphy
3rd January 2013 – 6th July 2016