Envireo Interreg Strategic initiative Cluster: CAP’EM Conference
Morning CAP’EM COMPASS Launch
15th November 2013: CAP’EM eco-materials conference & sustainable construction demonstration building visit.
We finally got there, we demonstrated CAP’EM COMPASS the new Building Products Comparison System
to the Envireo Interreg Strategic Initiative cluster, ending of projects conference
in Loos en Gohelle (part of UNESCO heritage sites) near Lille France.
Our project, CAP’EM, is funded through the EU by the INTERREG IVB NWE funding stream.
- Through this project, we have developed a building products comparison tool called The CAP’EM Compass.
- The products in Compass are all evaluated using a methodology developed by the technical partners within CAPEM and is based on Life Cycle Analysis.
- This tool has been built to accommodate users of all skills levels and backgrounds.
- It will be of great interest to LCA experts but equally for specifiers & architects or students and DIYers.
- It is user driven to define the amount of technical detail desired in the results.
- The products that populate the tool are eco-products that have been largely derived from the partner countries in NW Europe and they are compared both against each other but also against generic materials, like, for instance, a concrete block or a brick.
CAP’EM has also been selected to participate in the EC PEF Pilot
see FAQ on PEF
Afternoon CAP’EM COMPASS Workshop
© NGS BrianSpecMan aka Brian Murphy
19th November 2013 – 24th December 2013