Delivering great projects by embedding sustainability
Learn how embedding sustainability creates successful projects and companies
Date: Tuesday 3rd November 2015
Time: 09:00 – 12:00
Location: Temple Group, 58-60 Katharine’s Way, London, E1W 1LB
Sustainability presents a unique challenge to the construction industry. As the need to improve cities and infrastructure grows, so too does the need to protect and safeguard the environment. If sustainable means lasting and enduring, then sustainability needs to be embedded into our projects, if we are to contribute to sustainable economic development.
Temple has developed some key insights into sustainability in construction, in particular:
- Use of intelligent resource planning to reduce cost and risk
- Creating a shift in the key success factors for the construction of key infrastructure
- Empowering staff and supply chain to implement sustainable strategies as part of the “day job”
Sustainability is one of the 12 categories of the Constructing Excellence Awards. This interactive session will include presentations from the Winner and Highly Commended finalists who will share the detail behind their success.
- Develop a vision of what ‘Sustainability’ would look like for your own business
- Learn how our winners have embedded sustainability to maximise success
- Gain new strategies and practical approaches for overcoming barriers
- Engage in facilitated discussion to discover how these ideas could translate into innovative approaches in your own business
- Leave with inspiration to implement positive change.
The Big Parks Project
This project team demonstrated a holistic, long-term sustainability approach to achieve a low energy building rebuilt from poor initial stock. Sustainable technologies were integrated with M&E and architectural solutions to ensure low running costs and long-term economic viability.
Speaker: Steven Hale, Managing Director – Crofton Design
9 Cambridge Avenue
Highly Commended 2015
This team demonstrated that newbuild is not always better value for money and provided compelling evidence of cost and environmental benefits of taking a sustainable approach. This project provides a clear lesson to the industry to look at opportunities for re-using buildings.
Speaker: Gareth Roberts, Director – Sturgis Carbon Profiling
Sponsors of the Constructing Excellence in London and South East Awards.
Temple is a leading Environment, Planning and Sustainability consultancy whose commercially minded people deliver specialist advice to infrastructure and property clients.
Facilitator: Ben Harris, Technical Director – Temple Group
Ben will maximise the benefits of attending the session by drawing out the challenges and transferable approaches that will inspire delegates to think and act differently.
For more information contact email@example.com
To book your place, email Elfirstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide full contact details
This event is one of a series of Implementation Workshops. Look out for other dates and categories.
Copyright © 2015 SECBE Limited, All rights reserved.
SECBE mailing address is:
Reading, Berkshire RG2 6GP