GBE BEACoN Building Element Assembly Code Number
- GBE BEACoN is part of GBE Code and its results was part of GreenSpecSTUDIO which does not exist anymore.
- GBE BEACoN has existed for some time, as it was an integral part of GreenSpecSTUDIO but was not named or identified there.
- GBE BEACoN Building Element Assemblies Code Number is an identification code assigned to unique combinations of components in element including: outer facade/finishes, structure and inner linings/finishes.
- GBE BEACoN uses a combination of CI/SfB and CAWS codes that are recognised by those familiar with these classification systems.
- In the near future we should adopt the Uniclass 2012 or 2015 BIM-ready classification system, adapted to suit this application.
- GBE have an ambition to add an additional element to GBE BEACoN to represent the U value of the wall engaging with other design standards.
- GBE intends that the GBE BEACoN codes are available to other information providers to permit Coordinated Project Information (CPI) where all parties use the GBE BEACoN code to ensure they are all talking about the same item.
- These could include CAD model providers, cost models, LCA assessments, etc.
© GBE NGS ASWS Brian Murphy aka BrianSpecMan
11th December 2012 – 22nd September 2016