GBE > Shop > Specifications > Work Sections > G#10343
GBS P14 Wind Air Tightness Systems (Shop)
GBS Green Building Specification
GBS P14 Wind Air Tightness Systems
- GBS P14 specification work section was created around pro-clima products
- GBE P14 also includes ’empty clauses’ for other manufacturers products
What is in this specification?
- GBS P14 describes products, accessories, systems and tools
- GBS P14 includes whole building air tightness systems and wind tightness systems
- including membranes, jointing strips, sealants, adhesives, grommets, light enclosures, attic hatches, etc.
What is ‘green’ about it?
- GBS P14
- enables making building airtight to prevent heat loss through gaps
- enables a building to perform at an optimal level
- ensuring insulation can perform to the best of its ability
- enables the designer to create ‘vapour-open’ construction
- enables moisture in construction to get out
- ensuring embedded timbers get a chance to dry out
- design life
- wind resistance
- thermal insulation
- Moisture vapour
- building competency
How does it differ from the NBS work section?
- NBS P14 does not exist.
- NBS Plus includes occasional air wind tightness clauses throughout NBS work sections
- This may be appropriate for some components like grommets around pipes
- Services sub-contractors may not yet be familiar with the idea of airtightness
- GBE P14 is ideal if the work is carried out by a specialist sub-contractor
- All the information for their work is in one place
- No searching the whole building specification for the scattered clauses
How or where can the specification be used?
- GBS P14 can be used as part of:
- a general contract
- a stand alone specialist subcontract
- a specialist trade or package contract
Why should you pay to download this specification?
- If you want more control than NBS specifications provides, consider adding this.
- Air and wind tightness specifications can be time consuming to create especially since NBS does not address the issue head on.
- A ready made framework of clauses to adopt quickly.
- It is very cost effective to adopt GBS P14 rather than start from scratch.
More about this Specification Preliminaries Section
- Work Section (this page)
- Guidance Notes:
© GBE NGS ASWS BrianSpecMan aka Brian Murphy
29th February 2016 – 7th April 2016