National Green Specification (NGS) launched in 2001 and set out its agenda, which included creating an Encyclopaedia of Green Construction, its first major output was GreenSpec website launched in 2003.
In 2012 NGS has set off on a third major output and established a separate website to:
- Continue with its original quest: Green Building Encyclopaedia (GBE) including:
- GBE Checklists
- GBE Jargon Buster
- Show Healthy Environmental Resourceful Appropriate Competent Effective Construction
- Develop a Yardstick to judge these by
- Promote Products that meet these ambitions and filter those that do not
- GBE 6 Core Pages from which product literature can be downloaded by users
- Provide a delivery system for:
- And a whole lot of other information
- Out of 30,000 pages planned, 2000 have already been created, so it’s only scratching the surface so far.
- 11 awards received for the website, the business and the individuals involved.
GBE Collaborative Services
GBE wants to deliver better information to its users, GBE works with Solution Providers to help determine the right information and messages about the competency and environmental characteristics of the products or services.
GBE Solution Providers include: Manufacturer, Suppliers, Installers, Servers (Specialist Services Providers) and Consultants
GBE 6 Core Pages: Providers: Manufacturer, Suppliers, Installers; Solutions: Products, Accessories, Systems. Providers choose which apply to their part of the supply chain; ideally we have the whole set or the GBE Users don’t have the whole Solution.
Essential to the success of the website is the linking of 6 Core Pages to the relevant pages of the GBE Encyclopaedia, to enrich the users experience of the website to enable greater understanding to enable better informed decisions, the know-how to exploit the special properties of the products and have reason to defend against substitutions.
GBE Product Data Collection:
Depending upon the service level adopted some or all of the following is offered for consideration initially and for later enhancement:
One process assembles data manually into a single spreadsheet which then automatically feed into many spreadsheets creating content for:
- GBE Tabbed Product Page (or Accessory Page and System Page)
- GBE Product Page Tab Schedules:
- 1 GBE Images tab
- 2 About Product tab
- 3 GBE Incubator tab
- 4 GBE PASS tab
- 5 GBE HERACEY™ tab
- 6 Manufacturer’s Download Files tab
- 7 GBE Product Data Sheet tab, (& PDF to download)
- 8 BIM CAD Model tab
- 9 GBE BIM Product Data Sheet tab
- 10 GBE COBie Data Sheet tab
- 11 GBE Robust Product Specification Clause tab
- 12 GBE Application data Sheet tab
- 13 GBE Accessories tab
- 14 GBE Systems tab
- 15 GBE Elemental Assembly tab
- 16 GBE Elemental Assembly Specification tab
- 17 GBE Workmanship Specification tab
- 18 GBE Waste Specification tab
- 19 GBE FM Spec In use Maintenance Specification tab
- 20 GBE End of Life Options tab
- 21 GBE Products Passport tab
- 22 See Also tab
- 23 GBE Echo tab
- 24 GBE LCA & EPD tab
- 25 GBE Classify tab
- 26 GBE Manufacturer tab
- 27 GBE Supplier tab
- 28 GBE Installer/Applicator tab
- Tabbed Manufacturer Page
- GBE Manufacturer Page Schedule
- Tabbed Supplier Pages
- GBE Supplier Page Schedule
They are essential for a GBE Product Page to make them significantly more useful to GBE Users/Subscribers, something expressly requested by a previous GreenSpec user survey.
Other services that GBE Collaboration can offer include:
- 11 GBE Robust Specifications: Product/Accessories/System/Workmanship/Testing/Waste/EOL clauses
- 15.3 GBE BEST Building Element Screening Test checking competency, compatibility, etc.
- 15.2 GBE BEACoN: Building Element Assembly Code Number, unique codes for elemental assemblies
- 18 GBE SWMP: Site Waste Management Plan Checklist data for tender submissions
- 19 GBE FMSpec Specifications: In use maintenance specifications
- 20 GBE EndOf: End of Life Scenarios,
- 21 GBE Product Passport: Reuse potential
- 23 GBE Echo ISO 14021 manufacturer’s self-declarations & statements review and confirmation
- 24.1 GBE LCA: Life Cycle Assessment using CAP’EM’s ILCD LCA
- 24.2 GBE EPD: Environmental Product Declaration using CAP’EM EPD
- 24.3 GBE Impacts: Individual Impacts to include in literature, e.g. Embodied energy, Embodied Carbon, etc.
- 24.4 GBE DeTox: LCA Marginal Analysis and proposed replacements of ingredients of product or packaging
- 25 GBE Classify determines and proposes content of classification labels on product literature and samples within office information systems
- GBE LitAudit Literature Audits to identify missed opportunities find and replace Green wash and review claims for validity.
- GBE Marketing can help to write technically sound environmental claims to meet those promotional opportunities
- GBE can advise on appropriate content of Literature that is being designed, to promote the environmental aspects of a product, GBE can create and provide 3D images to explain details.
- GBE Compare: Group Comparison table compares products in the same application and a conclusions report based on KPI, EPI and SPI (Key, Environmental and Social Performance Indicators), ranking them and providing average and best in-group scoring.
- What is the cost of these additional GBE Collaborations?
- See GBE Collaborator Service Band Options & Prices G#2168
- Others are bespoke and are priced on a job-by-job inspection and quotation basis.
This page to be read with:
- Tel: 01733 238148 (UK GMT 09:00-18:00)
- Mob: 07973 281024 (UK GMT 09:00-18:00)
© GBE NGS ASWS BrianSpecMan aka Brian Murphy
1st May 2015 – 1st March 2019