GBE > Shop > CDP > Show > G#10749
GBE CPD Seminar Specification and Liability
- This was created for RIBA Part 3 students at UWE in 2010; created on the train ride to the UWE based on 10 other Specification related CPD and was well received by the students and local RIBA representative.
- Updated 29th August 2015 in the light of RIBA Plan of Work rewrite
- Presented to David Morley Architects In-house CPD 3rd September 2015 was well received then.
- Presented to BGY Architects London leading to Writing Specifications from NBS Binder Disk Service 5 further training sessions for 50 staff March-April-May 2016
Wendy Colvin, Senior Lecturer, Programme Leader, PGCert Professional Practice & Management in Architecture
School of Planning and Architecture University of the West of England, Bristol:
- Thank you for your lively talk last Wednesday.
- The students have given very positive feedback about the afternoon session, so, too, our guest from RIBA.
- On Friday, we had a Visiting Board from the RIBA, who will be recommending Candidate Status for Part 3.
- This is good news, and moves us one step closer to a fully accredited course!
- Thank you for coming in and as always giving a great presentation!
- Much appreciated and useful to all.
- I’ll be in touch in the future for another session.
Ayatal Rehman Architectural Assistant DAVID MORLEY ARCHITECTS
Scope: List of Sub-topics (slides)
Specification and Liability
It introduces many aspects of specification in the context of Liability and where and with whom does its responsibility lay and how that changes with different procurement methods and development controls scenarios.
Specification in a context of liability
- What is a Specification?
- Employer’s Requirements
- What else?
- Whose responsibility?
- Who else might write it?
- At what stage?
- Quality & QA
- Liability Alerts
- Design responsibility
- Output responsibility
- Fit for purpose
- European Context
- Construction Products Directive
- LCA Developments:
- Proper materials
- BCO’s own LABC scheme
- Other Sector Schemes
- Design life UK (EU+INT)
- In France
- Prescriptive or performance Specification?
- Performance Drawings?
- How do you choose between Performance or Prescription?
- If we are not competent
- Performance Specification in Contract
- Approving or reviewing?
- Performance Specification
- Specification Substitution
- Surreptitious Substitution
- Ignoring the Specification
- Or equivalent
- If you specified it once don’t do it twice
- Or similar or equal or …
- Or equivalent and approved
- Cost Cutting v Value Engineering
- Culture of Blame
- No Redundancy
- CPI Coordinated Project Information
- Computer coordination
- Elemental Specification
- Other’s specifications
- Choice of systems
The Full Text
Purchase the download file
© GBE NGS ASWS BrianSpecMan aka Brian Murphy
28th March 2016 – 18th June 2016