Circular Economy Action Plan Publication
The European Commission has released its New Circular Economy Action Plan.
It’s the first step on the road to a comprehensive, EU-wide set of policies to support and enhance the circular economy.
Institute for European Environmental Policy
- has released a pretty good analysis of
- what the action plan means,
- where it’s ambitious,
- where it could go a little further.
Perhaps due to the high-level discussions that must have taken place around this action plan, or perhaps simply as a reaction to the same problem,
France has leapfrogged the action plan to go even further already, with a new law on microplastic particles.
French circular economy law sets microplastic restriction deadlines
GB Fiscal Incentives:
In the UK, Brexit apparently won’t stop the implementation of a more circular economy.
A new law sets a packaging plastics tax that could shake the industry far beyond incineration, to create serious volumes of recycled and re-used material.
Let’s hope other laws and other industries follow suit!
GBE Jargon Buster
- Circular Economy
- Action Plan
- HERACEY™ (Jargon Buster) G#1429 N#1399
- Resourceful (Jargon Buster) G#1897 N#1754
GBE Press Cutting
- French circular economy law sets microplastic restriction deadlines