GBE Website (Terms Conditions)
- “You” means the user of the Site, “We/us” means GBE, “Site” means the site of GreenBuildingEncyclopaedia on the World Wide Web. “Content” means the information and other material available within the Site.
Accessing the Site
- Access to the Site is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on the Site without notice (see below).
- We will not be liable if for any reason the Site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
- From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of the Site, or the entire Site, to users who have registered with us.
- If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any third party.
- You agree that any disabling or termination of your access to the Site may be effected without prior notice, and you acknowledge and agree that we may immediately suspend, deactivate or delete your account and all related information and submissions made form your account and bar any further access to such information or to the Site.
- You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Site.
Rights granted/rights reserved
- You acknowledge that the Content is made available to you for your personal use only and that you may download the Content onto one computer hard drive.
- You agree not to (and agree not to assist or facilitate any third party to) copy, reproduce, transmit, distribute, publish, commercially exploit or create derivative works of the content.
- The site and the content (which includes Content that is supplied to us by third parties either directly or indirectly) is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis and we make no warranties or representations, whether express or implied, in relation to the Site or the Content, including but not limited to, implied warranties or conditions or completeness, accuracy, satisfactory quality and fitness for a particular purpose.
- You agree that, except for death and personal injury arising from our negligence, we shall not be liable in contract, tort, negligence, statutory duty or otherwise, for any loss or damage whatsoever arising directly or indirectly from or in any way connected with the Site or your use of or reliance upon the Content or any information you obtain by means of the Site or your use of or reliance upon the Content or any information you obtain by means of the Site or any bookings or purchases you make of goods and/or services through your use of the Site, including, without limitation, damage for loss of profits, loss of business, or any other consequential or pecuniary loss (even where we have been advised of the possibility of such loss or damage).
- You agree and acknowledge that you are solely responsible for evaluating any goods or services offered by third parties via the Site.
- You acknowledge any bookings or purchase of goods or services made by you through the Site shall be subject to the terms and conditions of the third party supplying the service and/or goods concerned and that we will not be a party to or in any way responsible for or liable to you in respect of any transactions between you and third parties.
- We do not make any representations or warranties as to the security of any information (including, without limitation, credit card and other personal information) you might be requested to give to any third party.
Availability of the site
- You acknowledge that it is technically impossible to provide the Site free of faults and that we do not undertake to do so; that faults may lead to temporary unavailability of the Site; and that the operation of the Site may be adversely affected by conditions and performances outside our control, including, without limitation, transmission and telecommunications links between us and you and between us and other systems and networks.
Links to other sites
- Where the Site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only.
- We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
- We make no representations as to the quality, suitability, functionality, or legality of any sites to which links may be provided, and you hereby waive any claim you might have against us, with respect to such sites.
- We accept no responsibility for the content of the internet or web pages that are contained outside the Site of for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Information about you and your visits to the Site
Changes to these terms and conditions
- We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions from time to time.
- By continuing to use the Site following such change you will be deemed to have accepted such change.
- It is your responsibility to check regularly to determine whether these terms and conditions have been changed.
- If you do not agree to any such change you must immediately stop using the Site.
- Those terms and conditions (as amended from time to time) together with any document expressly referred to in them comprise the entire agreement between you and us.
- Each provision of these terms and conditions excluding or limiting liability shall be construed separately, applying and surviving even if for any reason one or other provisions is held to be inapplicable or unenforceable in any circumstances.
- No waiver by us shall be construed as a waiver of any proceeding or succeeding breach of any provision.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
© GBE NGS ASWS Brian Murphy aka BrianSpecMan *
5th February 2013 – 10th January 2019