Overheating and Designing for Summer Comfort Event
Cost: PHT members: £150 + VAT; Non-members: £200 + VAT.
Location: Saint-Gobain Innovation Centre, 95 Great Portland Street London W1W 7NY
Date: 15 February 2016
Time: 10.30 – 17.15
- Passivhaus buildings are often described as cosy-warm winter comfort, free of draughts, condensation and worries about heating bills.
- However, a number of concerns have arisen regarding summer overheating in modern UK homes;
- Additionally it is often assumed that overheating is caused by high levels of insulation and airtightness which can be misleading.
- In this masterclass Passivhaus experts Mark Siddall and Nick Grant will explore the causes of summer overheating and provide tools and guidance to help deliver buildings that don’t just minimise overheating but deliver excellent summer comfort.
- Working with built project examples and PHPP, the event will cover basic theory, practical details and evidence from case studies and personal experience.
- Ticking the regulatory box or aiming for excellence
- Summer ventilation in detail
- Case studies – Practical solutions and examples, single homes and flats
- PHPP tips and tricks for stress testing your design
- Addressing operational issues
|10.30||Registration & Coffee/Tea|
|11.10||Part 1a: Overheating! The new performance gap|
|11.35||Part 1b: Ticking the regulatory box or aiming for excellence?|
|12.45||Part 1: Questions and discussion|
|13.40||Part 2a: Summer ventilation in detail|
|14.00||Part 2a: Questions and discussion|
|14.20||Part 2b: Case studies – Practical solutions and examples|
|14.50||Part 2b: Questions and discussion|
|16.15||Part 3a: PHPP tips and tricks for stress testing your design|
|16.45||Part 3b: Addressing operational issues|
|17.00||Part 3: Questions and discussion|
NB – Programme may be subject to slight changes.
To book please contact email@example.com.