GBC Green Building Calculator
- “I want, I want, I want”
- Speaker: BrianSpecMan
- @ Venue On-line
- Registration (past date)
- Date: 8th December
- @ 18:45 – 20:00
CIAT Yorkshire: The Green Building Calculator
GBE Presentation Outline
About this event
A step-by-step guide to calculating and costing the embodied and in-use carbon load of your building – it’s free and open to all.
Brian Murphy, founder of GreenSpec – and now creator of the Green Building Encyclopaedia, providing specification clauses for alternative building materials and so much more – will demonstrate some of the key features of his emerging design and decision tool, Green Building Calculator [GBC].
Main topics will be:
- Overview of the state of the construction industry.
- Intention of the GBC.
- What the GBC aims to solve.
- How the GBC helps.
The GBC provides information regarding whole building energy consumption, carbon in use, cost of building and cost of running a building and has been created for clients, architects, developers, contractors and property managers alike.
It is an impartial, easy to use, value for money product that can result in our buildings having a positive environmental impact, rather than contributing to terminating our planet !
Brian will demonstrate the calculator, followed by an extended Q&A session so that attendees can ask questions and provide feedback on the calculator as Brian works towards the next version of the tool.
There will be plenty of opportunities for discussion and Q&A during the session. Sign on available from 6.45pm.
See: https://greenbuildingcalculator.uk for more details
GBE CPD Metadata
- File Name:
- File Type: PDF from PPTX
- File Size:
- PDF Handout: 4 mb
- PDF Show: 11 mb
- Number of Slides/Pages:
- PDF Handout: 10 Pages
- PDF Show: 85 Slides of 415
- PPTX Show: 415 Slides
- Created for: LSBU Students Part 2 Year 1, Architects CPD, Technicians CPD
- Presented to: MaD, WSR, TGR, CIAT, Leeds Green BIM,
- Author: BrianSpecMan aka Brian Murphy ONC HNC Construction BSc Dip Architecture (Hons+Dist)
- © GBE GBL GBC NGS ASWS 2012 – 2020
- Created: 30/06/2012
- Revision: A13
- Updated: 09/12/2021
- Scope: Simple calculator to check the heat loss across many elements and the CO2 generated
- Extract: W, kW, kW/m2 & kWh/m2 of a building you just designed. Choose fuel to determine carbon dioxide
- Previously published on Scribd: 12/03/2012
- Scribd reads: 942 @06/01/2013
- CI/SfB: (NN)
- CAWS 1987: LNN
- CAWS 2012: NN:NN:NN
- Uniclass 1 1997: LNNNN
- Uniclass 2 2012:
- Uniclass 3 2015:
- Tags: CPD, Lecture,
- ProductSets: Methods of Construction, Materials, Building Elements,
- UserGroups: Students, Architects, Assistants, Technicians, Structural Engineers, Constructors
GBE CPD Content
(without images; See the slide show for the pictures)
GBE Future Events
- GBC Futurebuild 2022 (Event) G#39934
- GBC Green Building Calculator will be there
- Stand L68 next to Digital Arena
GBE Past Events
- HES Retrofit at SpACE (Event) G#40116
- GBE CPD (About) G#456 N#462
GBE CPD Topics
- Air and Wind Tightness
- Wind and Air Tightness
- Carbon Hierarchy
- Carbon Jargon Buster 57 varieties
- Carbon Neutral Company: Kier Sheffield
- Carbon Neutral Toolkit
- Carbon Offsetting Swindle
- Carbon Personal Credits
- Community Low Carbon Lifestyle
- CRC Carbon Reduction Commitment
- Embodied Energy v Embodied Carbon
- Embodied carbon v In use carbon
- Jargon Buster Carbon Dioxide
- Low Carbon Building
- Low Carbon Everything RIBA Salisbury CPD
- Low Carbon Green Building
- Low Carbon Homes D8
- Low Carbon Technologies
- Low V High Carbon Lifestyle
- Jargon Buster Carbon Dioxide
- Zero Carbon Definition
- Zero Carbon Development Brief
- Zero Carbon Is It Possible?
- Zero Energy Developments
- Zero Carbon Development Passive Approach