GBE Future Events
Creating Healthy Buildings
Brian Murphy, (National Green Specification)
- Brian will discuss the importance of looking beyond the label of sustainable products & claims, by using the CAP’ÉM method of Life Cycle Assessment, and will demonstrate with samples of bio-based materials.
Who should attend?:
- This event is ideal for architects, designers, specifiers and all built environment professionals with an interest in changing the specification process to one with more environmental choices.
What will you learn about?:
- Learn about the tools available, understand the issues and help choose the right products and see through the smoke screen created by systems that are supported by “business as usual” manufacturers.
- Life Cycle Assessment is promoted as the “be all and end all” of environmental product choice. CAP’EM (Cycle Assessment Procedure for Eco Materials) have developed an LCA method, which is just one part of a much bigger picture.
- COMPASS is a design and decision tool that allows the designer’s personal preferences, corporate obligations as well as project requirements to be embraced.
- COMPASS Building Product Comparison System allows the user to choose a product to suit where in the building it is to be used and what its purpose is.
- COMPASS shortlists competent appropriate environmental products and allow the user to compare LCA data between them. Having chosen, the user adds the project postcode to receive a CAP’EM product data sheet with Cradle to site LCA.
- Membership Group
- LinkedIn discussion group
- CPD Continuing Professional Development (About) G#456 N#462
- Creating Healthy Buildings