- Beginning of 2013, the Interreg IVB project ‘Grow2Build’ took off.
- This project is about the promotion of flax and hemp in building materials in NWE (partners in the Netherlands, Belgium –Flanders and Wallonia-, UK, France, Germany).
- It tackles problems, solutions and networking in the agricultural and basic processing sector, production possibilities, scientific research and the creation of a ‘centre of excellence’ at Brunel University (London), educational tools for the building sector and the general public, and technical and environmental information on flax and hemp building materials.
- In this project, CAP’EM partner VIBE plays an important role.
- They will, amongst other tasks, use the CAP’EM method to make LCA-calculations on the envisaged (actual and future) building products.
- The project partners will also try to get possible new building products in the existing CAP’EM demonstration centres.
- This project thus contributes to the further use of the CAP’EM method and partnership.
- DLO (NL)
- Brunel University (UK)
- Materia Nova (BE)
- Inagro (BE)
- ZonneWinDT (BE)
- CREPIM (FR)
- ITA – The Institut für Textiltechnik (DE)
- DLV Plant BV (NL)
- Quest fibres Ltd (UK)
- VIBE vzw (BE)
- CELABOR SCRL (BE)
© GBE NGS ASWS Brian Murphy aka BrianSpecMan *
9th May 2013 – 9th August 2019