Target: U value + Overheating + GreenCostPlan + VE-CC + BIM BoM + BIM BoQ + EE + EC + SC + LCA = GBC
- VE = Value Engineering
- CC = Cost Cutting
- BIM = Building Information Management/Modelling
- BoM = Bill of Materials
- BoQ = Bill of Quantities
- EE = Embodied Energy
- EC = Embodied Carbon
- SC = Sequestered Carbon
- LCA = Life Cycle Assessment
- GBC = Green Building Calculator not UK GBC
- Target carbon-back instead of pay-back?
- Target Architect’s Green Cost Planning instead of QS’s violet cost price books?
- Target competent building addressing U values, overheating and condensation risk as well as low embodied energy through to carbon in use?
Combining U values and other performance, with material’s carbon and LCA data with a bill of materials, labour, quantities and costs and we can engage with these targets, do real value engineering and monetise carbon.
GBC Green Building Calculator is on its way to combining all these issues, with many other functions and one day aims to grow into a BIM App.
Brian Murphy aka BrianSpecMan is a technician and architect by training, specification writer by choice, environmentalist by action, educator by calling, a writer, editor and disseminator by necessity and an Excel number cruncher, because not many people want to do that.
As presented to STBA and SPAB 2020 event with anavar kokemuksia a few tweaks after the Q&A session
- GBC CPD Green Building Calculator V1+ STBA 071020 9H10 PDF
- GBC CPD Green Building Calculator V1+ STBA 061020 S87 PDF
- GBE Green Building (Calculator) G#38491
- GBE Green Building Calculator Big Practice (Shop) G#38525
- GBE Green Building Calculator Small Practice (Shop) G#38524
- GBE Green Building Calculator Student (Shop) G#38520
- SPAB + STBA 2020 Conference
- October 6th 2020 Day 1
- GBC Green Building Calculator
GBE Issue Paper
GBE CPD Topics
- Air and Wind Tightness
- Wind and Air Tightness
- Zero Carbon Hub G#13351
GBE Jargon Buster
- Urban Design (Jargon Buster Theme) G#1392 N#1366
- Decrement Delay (Jargon Buster) G#14043
- Decrement Factor (Jargon Buster) G#14043
- Thermal Mass
- Opaque External Fabric
- Lightweight construction
- Heavyweight construction
- GBE Issue Paper Overheating (Shop) G#10433