* Is to explain building principles in GBE Patterns, interrogate multiple conflicting requirements, investigate potential problems and find competent solutions
* To enable understanding, design, specification, procurement and assembly of competent buildings during the sustainability revolution
* To enable in-house know-how, instead of reliance upon external sustainability consultants, so that your organisation can join the sustainability revolution
This includes understanding the physics of building, the science of materials and the crunching of numbers to find competent methods of construction. Evidence Based Design is the approach that we recommend. GBE Evidence Based Case will provide information on a project’s design, construction and verified performance data, as well as outline specifications of building fabric and services.
We will introduce GBE Solution Providers in the form of manufacturers, suppliers & installers, including their materials or products, accessories and systems. These 6 Core Pages are linked to each other to ensure that you find all the parts of any GBE Solution without searching.
GBE links and inter-visibility
The basic principle behind the structure of this website is to link between the 6 Core Pages of Solutions and Solution Providers. In reality, the links go beyond these core clusters, to link every page to any related and relevant other page – so that you don’t have to search or guess the whereabouts of those pages.
Is the GBE website and encyclopaedia well structured?
- GBE is designed to mimic neural networks of the human brain:
- Every page knows where everything related to it is located
- The pages let their presence be known
- Every related page will be listed and linked in the ‘See Also’ right column
- Everything is linked in both directions
- Nobody has to search for anything…
- …Except your original enquiry (and Google found that for you)
- There will be a search engine for pages, posts or documents, found on the website header
- Navigating or drilling down the drop down menus will also find most things
GBE is experimenting with touch screen GBE Navigation pages
The result is a well structured set of clusters of information. These are accessible without having to understand the structure of the website, or construction industry classification systems or jargon.
GBE Expert will be developed to use expert system principles to ask many questions and offer multiple choice answers. Depending upon the answer chosen, the subsequent series of questions will help to derive from one million options a few shortlisted answers. These solutions will lead to the GBE Solution Providers and their products.
Is GBE working?
The prototype GBE website has now closed and in 24 months it attracted:
- 2,406 page views per day, cumulative average (18/09/2015)
- 63,157 page views per month (18/09/2015)
- 910,948 page views in 12 months (18/09/2015)
- 1,802,206 page views total 2 years (18/09/2015)
- 34,579 document downloads (18/09/2015)
Keep coming back
The site is embryonic and the content is constantly being updated. Please keep coming back to see what else has been added that can help you become an even more informed, environmentally aware individual capable of influencing others.
Join now and receive five CPD seminar files + 50% off annual professional membership when we launch (which will include access to our knowledgebase).